Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Welcome to my mind!

Hello! My name is Shara and welcome to my blog.  First things first:  I am an organizer.  I love bringing order from chaos.  For as long as I can remember, the slightest mess hinders my focus and progress.  My motto is “Everything has a place and put everything back in its place.”  I approach life with the idea that everything needs a plan, and we need to plan to plan.  Yep, I’m one of those people.

Now, I am in a new season of my life and finding myself not as rigid in organized ways.  I have come to understand and appreciate a little bit of chaos and mess.  Some may say my regression is because of that life-altering decision called marriage.  While I prefer neither agree or disagree with that statement, I will say being married causes you to frequently look inward instead of outward, piecing together how your tendencies factor into the whole shebang.  As a result, introspection is a program running constantly in the background of my mind.

That’s where this little blog comes into view.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still an organizing enthusiast.  Now, instead of just doing what comes naturally to me, I realize that it’s important to understand why I do the things I do.  In order to become more efficient and intentional with my time and resources, I have to take a hard look at who I am, what I need and what I want.   Find the method behind the madness, if you will.
 
So, I’m starting this venture to help myself find optimal organization, and maybe, just maybe, my passions and thought processes will be useful to someone else.  I believe that there is no over-arching right way to be organized, but there is a way for everyone to achieve more organization in their lives.  From the left-brained artists to the collectible collectors – each person only needs the tools to create systems designed for themselves on their terms, not on those born with the ‘organizing gene’.  

What can you expect here?  Mostly my thoughts on all things organizing – the good, the bad, and the ugly.  This place will probably not be like most other organizing blogs (which I love and follow with glee).  I hope to empower myself and others to hone their organizing skills, no matter their natural tendencies.  Think about it – not everyone likes working out or eating decently, but if you can commit to something, you can and will see a difference, whether it's good or bad. 

But to get where you're going, you have to know where you are.  So, in addition to organizing my stuff, I'll share with you how I try to cut through the clutter of my mind.  While I am not a counselor of any sort, I believe introspection is necessary to discover and understand our natural tendencies.  Taking the time to know ourselves a little bit better, gauging our strengths and weaknesses, will definitely help us manage our world a little bit better.  I'm a fan of personality tests, thoughts-of-the-week, reflection questions and the like, not to mention reviewing thought-provoking books, so you might see all of these and more in the posts to come.

I hope you will join me as I journey to find efficiency in all aspects of life, organizing and beyond!

-S



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so grateful you took the time to read my thoughts! I would love to get the chance to read yours, so go ahead and leave a comment!